Due to the growing presence of technology in terms of business globalization within the previous years, Information Systems have been utilized in numerous purposes and departments. Most of the businesses opt to refplace a number of related systems, such as workforce database and automated payroll, all under HRIS software that handles it all.
Without a doubt, Human Resource Information System (HRIS) is definitely a must-have for every business. Unfortunately, companies do not understand that putting into practice HRIS in the Philippines will most likely have a much greater effect on the business operation than expected, therefore challenging the efficiency and traditional practices of all the human resource-related divisions.
HRIS Implementation Challenges
Most often than not, the human element is the biggest blunder in terms of putting HRIS into practice for most businesses. While there may be technical issues to incorporating the latest software with current systems, it’s getting the staff, supervisors, managers, and HR personnel to fully accept the new process and using the software as planned that’s normally the biggest challenge.
Fixing the following issues may help to solve your HRIS implementation:
- Staff being too dependent on the old systems. Your employees may have gotten used to doing their job their own way, so even if their strategy is extremely inefficient, some staff will probably just hate to give up their traditional practice. For great results, passionately promote the new practice and discuss to them ways on how it will make their life much easier. Ensure that you’ll do what it takes to get the employees enthusiastic with the newly adopted software’s capabilities so that they can’t wait to start trying it.
- Not enough technical awareness. Subject to the industry in which your business operates, your staff may have contrasting degrees of technological knowledge that make HRIS implementation in the Philippines either a walk in the park or the hardest thing that they’ve done in their life. If your staff have to be taught on the fundamentals of using the software in general, it will postpone your HRIS implementation and stunt company adoption. This doesn’t entirely mean that you should abandon the plan of getting HRIS, it just means that your business should be ready for the extra period and effort that will be necessary to get the new system running.
- Need for a private tutorial. While HRIS software training is commonly rolled out to the entire workplace altogether, some staff may need a one-on-one tutorial. Not being able to offer this training will marginalize those employees that greatly need the extra consideration in order to comprehend how to use the system as needed. To counter this matter, make sure to have at least two or three team members that are tremendously equipped in using the new software to allow other members on a one-on-one tutorial when the system is implemented.
- Unexpected issues after the system become operational. If the software is all ready to go and the staff is already trained to use it, it can be annoying if matters occur that impact the implementation. Matters can be technical and connected to the software or related to the actual practice of using the system within the organization. Regardless, it may still dishearten employees from trying a new business software. While it may be impossible to fix every little bug that may concern the conversion to the new HRIS, you can ensure that there are team members present that have both HR knowledge and technical know-how to fix any issues as quickly as possible.
- Irregularities among locations. If your business functions in several different branches, ensuring that all locations are in sync with the freshly implemented system can be a challenge. It may be ideal to ask the service provider for help in some aspects of the transition to make sure that the whole team is receiving the proper training and everyone is ready once the system is live. Using some sort of video chat between branches may also provide the needed consistency, which prevents blunder to the organization’s implementation.
By doing the necessary steps to fix these expected challenges to the system transition before they even appear, you may guarantee better success for your HRIS project.
Surprising Benefits of Using HRIS
Human resource innovations may be something your start-up business has deeply considered recently. But are you aware that HR technological improvements can be used by growing organizations to improve their existing HR practices, and most often than not, at a very affordable cost? Here are some reasons HRIS should be a vital part of your strategic organizational management:
- Automation of redundant HR tasks. A custom software in the Philippines decreases the workload of the HR department by automating some of the routinary administrative works such as maintaining attendance records, personnel performance reviews, as well as cost management. When this technology takes care of many of the so-called HR blunders, the department frees up necessary time to focus on strategic HR management activities such as exploring ways to improve employee retention or developing effective staff engagement strategies.
- Improvement of company values. HRIS provides a chat function and a social notification that promotes a sense of unity amongst team members. Frequently shared shout-outs, inter-divisional notices and personal messages such as birthdays helps in improving and maintaining a company culture that is close and transparent with one another.
- Upgrade of business operation security. It is vital to any business to value time and avoid unnecessary tasks such as running around to look for documents and accidentally misplace crucial company data because it’s not placed in one central unit. An HRIS system allows you to keep all your company’s vital information under one roof and eliminate the amount of unnecessary paperwork. This matter is not only friendly for the environment but also much more safe, particularly if the software used is ISO certified. For every company, security should not be an alternative, but a must.
- Boost your staff’s accomplishments. HRIS will aid your staff gain a better understanding of how they are implementing the tasks assigned to them in the organization. All thanks to attributes such as performance and competency evaluation. By properly learning how to effectively do their work requirements, how they can excel, and getting comments from their superiors, an HRIS can greatly help them improve their skills and stimulate better work ethic. It is necessary for supervisors to communicate with their team, and thanks to the system that can accumulate automated notifications so they never forget to prepare performance evaluations, this task viewed as boring and complicated has just become practical and efficient.
- Efficient planning of employee career. Acknowledging and retaining important employees is critical to the healthy operation of any organization, irrespective of size. Extraordinary performers, in particular, must feel that they should be moving up, or else they are most likely to quit. For SMEs in particular, HRIS assists the company in planning and monitoring employee career trajectory to improve retention and make sure your star employees stick with the company.
Numerous affordable HRIS alternatives exist for SMEs and startups. The key is to find one that grows together with you, in order to eliminate having to modify software solutions every so often. A word of advice, a good HRIS software provider in the Philippines must be able to do this for your business.
The truth is we live much of our lives in front of the computer, and the benefits of being in the forefront of technology and innovation will be the key to ensure that you’ll have a successful company.
By the help of software development companies in the Philippines, organizations can now do the technological transition that they are aiming for and it’s now developing into a standard for every business in the country. Be sure to check out our previous blog post titled “7-Point Checklist In Finding the Best HRIS Software Provider in the Philippines.”